If there is one thing I hate it’s Cancer. This is why I’m passionate about not only Cancer Research Funding but the Relay For Life as well. What I love the most about the Relay is that it’s for ALL Cancer research. I know hear how SO much about Breast Cancer (and yes it is important my great-grandma passed from it), it’s easy to forget there are OTHER forms of Cancer out there. I love that Relay supports them ALL. With that said, we are 14 days away from this year’s Relay For Life and I’m so excited because I haven’t been able to attend the last two Relays. I’m also extra excited because this year Jeffery and Oj are attending with me! I think this is a great thing for Oj to learn and I’m so glad that we get exercise and support a great cause.
If you’ve never heard of the Relay For Life:
- Overnight relay-style event
- Teams of people camp out around a track
- Members of each team take turns walking around the track for the duration of the event
- Food, games and activities provide entertainment and fundraising opportunities
- Family-friendly environment for the entire community
Also I love that they offer Luminaries for your lost loved ones, those fighting cancer now, and those survivors. I remember going the month after my Grandma passed away and it was so much fun. I did a lot of healing, crying, and it was just an amazing moment I’ll never forget.
Now that I’ve told you about that I’m sure you’re wondering how you can help. Well not only are donations a tax deduction, but for anyone who donates you’ll receive the following:
- Ad space on my side bar ($10-$40) or the above post slots ($50+)
- A shout out on Twitter to all my followers
- A special thank you in my after Relay blog post
- Using the hash tag #RelayForGrandma I’ll be posting updates with photos of the events we have, and the fun teams attending too.
- If a blogger/company donates $50 or more I’ll wear your name on the t-shirt I wear for the relay!
The best part is you can be guaranteed that your money will go to the Relay by using my online donation page all money is instantly added to the relay and I don’t have to touch any of it.
If you can’t donate please share this post with the hash tag #RelayForGrandma as it would be so much appreciated!