It’s hard to believe we’re already days away from the end of 2011. I don’t know where this year went but I’m very excited to start 2012 as I’m over this year … it’s been a lot of down and heart ache but a lot of happiness as well. My baby brother turned 18 and started his new life in the Military. I’m so proud of him even if we miss him like crazy. I saw this fun meme while visiting the Ups and Downs of a Yoga Mom blog. I thought why the heck not lol. So here we go with my answers all about 2011:
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before? Attended a Military graduation.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn’t but my New Year’s resolutions are going to be losing weight and just getting myself on a better path than I’ve let myself fall on these last few years.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? I can’t say they have. Though my Seester is due in late Feb/Early March.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Thankfully this wasn’t something I went through this year.
5. What places did you visit? Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? Patience for sure.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July 5th would be when we dropped my brother off at the Recruitment Center. Also Oct 20th because it was the first time we saw my brother in 3 months AND it was his boot camp graduation.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? It would be standing my ground with my mother. If you read these posts you know that’s a big struggle of mine and I finally feel like we’ve made a big impact to make our relationship better.
9. What was your biggest failure? My patience level is def something that needs worked on and something I feel like I failed at this year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yup I sprained my ankle the last week of August.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Hm … I’d have to say the apartment we’re renting. Just because we spent TWO years in my husband’s sister’s basement … and this is a good neighbor hood and the best school district that are working really hard with Oj on his speech issue.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Definitely Oj. He’s had a rough year with my brother leaving and my husband and I’s issues and he could be a holy terror but he’s just the best child. Yes he has his moments but all round he’s a great kid. Kind, so caring of other’s feelings, and has such a high tolerance when dealing with other people.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My father’s. I don’t know why but I’d love to know what I did to make him so pissed at me all the time.
14. Where did most of your money go? Our bills.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Seeing my brother graduate and for him to be home for Christmas.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011? “So Proud of You” by Drake ft. Nicki Minaj
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: I’m in a slightly better place than last year.
a) happier or sadder? I’m sadder.
b) thinner or fatter? I feel fatter but look a little thinner.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercising. I start out good but than lose my motivation and it’s so hard to get back once it’s lost.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2011? I spent Christmas Eve with my husband’s family and I got to spend it with my dad’s side of the family. I got to spend it with my brother, his girlfriend, my seester, and nieces. It was the best. Then Christmas I spent it with my Great Grandma, Grandparents, and my mother. We spent hours playing cards and I never realized how much I missed that as it’s something we use to do all the time when my Grandma was alive and we did Christmas with her.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011? Nope.
22. What was your favorite TV program? I love Prime Suspect and Once Upon A Time. Also Suburgatory and honestly a LOT of t.v. I watch way too much of it so if I listed it all we’d be here for D.A.Y.S … no joke.
23. What did you do for your birthday in 2011? We went to lunch while Oj was in school. After that we went Trick Or Treating and this year we actually went on our own and it was a blast for Oj and I.
24. What was the best book you read? I’m finishing up with Dean Koontz Frankenstein Series that I’m in LOVE with.
25. What did you want and get? I wanted a lot of things sadly but what I wanted the most and actually got was my brother to be home for Christmas <3
26. What did you want and not get? A cure for Cancer. A girl can dream. <– This ALL.THE.WAY
27. What was your favorite film of this year? I’ve actually seen a lot of movies this year ha! I love Fast 5, Bad Teacher, Friends with Benefits, Thor, Captain America and The Help to name a few lol.
28. Did you make some new friends this year? I did and I’m thankful for the ones I’ve had and the ones I’ve made. I’ve made some older friendships stronger as well and that makes me happy.
29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I can’t say it enough .. having my brother home for Christmas.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? My Own.
31. What kept you sane? Writing, reading, and baking things I don’t eat lol.
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? If you don’t already know I LOVE LOVE LOVE (did I say LOVE) me some Andy Samberg. I also love me some Drake.
33. What political issue stirred you the most? I’ve been sorta wrapped up in the Occupy Wallstreet issue.
34. Who did you miss? My Grandma … and my brother.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011. “Don’t let the BullSh*t of today convince you that you’re not beautiful.” — Something I need to remember <3
Tagged: my life